This Online Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes the treatment of information that is provided or collected through any of Union Bank & Trust Company’s (“Union Bank”, “our”, “we”) online interfaces to which a copy of the Statement is posted. This Statement includes all “Services” which inclusively refers to www.BrightDirections.com (the “Website”), Applications we have placed on third party sites such as Facebook®, Twitter® and other social media sites, and our mobile applications (“Applications”). This Statement also explains how we collect, use, and share information based on users’ interactions with online advertisements, both on the Services and on online interfaces owned by third parties. This Statement does not govern our privacy practices offline or with respect to information that is not provided or collected through the Services.
For information on Union Bank’s offline privacy practices see our Financial Privacy Notice and your choice for opting-out of information sharing with our affiliates.
While this Statement describes how we treat information, please be aware additional terms and conditions may apply for certain parts of our Website and Applications.
Agreement to Statement
By using the Services you consent to this Statement. You do have the choice to opt-out of certain tracking, please see “Online Tracking and Advertising” section below.
Types of Information We Collect through online Services
We collect two basic types of information through the Services – personal information and anonymous information.
“Personal information” refers to information that identifies a particular individual, such as information you provide on our forms, surveys, applications or similar online fields. Examples include your name, address, telephone number, tax identification number, or account information.
“Anonymous information” means information that does not directly or indirectly identify a particular individual. Examples may include information about your Internet browser, information collected through tracking technologies, demographic information that you provide to us.
“Location information” means information that may be collected by certain mobile applications that identifies your physical location. This information may be collected from your mobile device’s location-aware features when you request certain services that are dependent on your physical location.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect personal information from you when you provide this information to us directly. For example, when you apply for accounts through our Services, or register for an Application.
In addition, we may collect information about your activity on the Services automatically using tracking technologies, such as cookies. For additional information, see the section entitles “Online Tracking and Advertising”.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information collected through the Services in order to, among other things:
- Provide you with, or evaluate your eligibility for, products and services that you request from us
- Communicate with you about your accounts or transactions with us
- Send you important information regarding the Services
- Allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions, and to administer such promotions (note that these promotions may contain additional disclosures regarding our collection and/or use of your information)
- Consistent with local law, required disclosures, and choices and controls that may be available to you:
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Personalize content and experiences on the Services;
- Verify your identity and/or location (or the identity or location of your authorized representative) for security, fraud prevention and other risk control purposes; and
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on the Services and on third-party websites and applications.
- Optimize or improve our products and services
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
How We Share Your Information
Please refer to Union Bank’s Privacy Notice.
Online Tracking and Advertising
We, along with certain service providers operating on our behalf, may collect information about your activity on the Services using tracking technologies, including:
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page (https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en), and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by adjusting your browser’s cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
- Google Signals. This website uses Google Signals, a feature of Google Analytics that allows us to collect and use certain information from your browsing activity across other websites and apps that also use Google Signals. This information includes things like the pages you visit, the products you view, and the ads you click on. We use this information to improve our website and to provide you with more relevant advertising. You can opt out of Google Signals by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Information Security and Preventing Identity Theft
Your privacy is important to Union Bank. We have implemented physical, technical and administrative security measures that comply with federal law and industry standards, including network firewalls, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for online sessions, dedicated security teams and secured files and buildings. You have the responsibility to help us protect your accounts by never revealing your username, password or PIN to other individuals.
We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under the age of 13 through our website or online environment. We request that such individuals do not provide personal information through the Services. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without parental or guardian consent, he or she should promptly contact us and we will delete such information from our files.
Social Media Platforms
Changes to this Statement
From time to time, we may make changes to this Statement. If we do make changes, we will update the “Effective Date” posted at the top of the Statement. We encourage you to review the Statement periodically to ensure you understand how we collect, use and share information through the Services. By continuing to use the Services following any changes, you are agreeing to accept the terms of the revised Statement.
Please state your consent ID and date when you contact us regarding your consent.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) addresses how personal information of California residents is collected, used and disclosed. Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with you or your household. California residents are provided with specific rights regarding such personal information. The CCPA does not apply to personal information already covered by certain other privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
Please see above for the types of information we collect, how we collect the information and how we use the information. We do not sell customer personal information. Please refer to Union Bank’s Privacy Notice for further detail on how we share your information. The CCPA gives California residents the following rights as to their personal information:
- Right to know what personal information was collected over the prior twelve (12) month period;
- Right to request we delete any of your personal information that we have collected and retained (unless the CCPA recognizes an exception); and
- Right to be free from discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
If you are a California resident and would like to exercise any of your above rights, please submit your request to:Union Bank and Trust Company
Attention: Information Security Officer
3643 South 48th Street
Lincoln, NE 68506
Your consent applies to the following domains: www.BrightDirections.com
Looking for something specific?